These make a delicious appetizer for any Sunday lunch. Easter is this Sunday, and my family has already requested these.
1 pkg puff pastry dough (contains to pastry sheets,thawing takes about 40 minutes)
1 8 ounce package frozen spinach (place in colander)
4 ounces diced ham or bacon
6 ounces ricotta cheese
3 ounces Parmesan, grated
2 large cloves garlic, smashed
4 Tbs finely minced onion
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
Salt to taste
Olive oil for coating
1) Preheat oven to 350
2) Brush baking sheets with olive oil, unfold puff pastry dough, set aside
3) In medium mixing bowl, combine cheeses, garlic, onion, and your choice of meat (if you are using bacon, precook and crumble)
4) Run cool water over the spinach, when thawed squeeze dry and place in mixing bowl.
5) Add spices to mixture and fold together.
6) Spoon mixture onto pastry, only on 2/3 of the pastry
7) Roll the dough (like you are making a jellyroll)
8) Slice dough into 1 inch sections, and place flat on baking sheet.
9) Place in oven and cook for 12-15 minutes.