Pizza is a staple on any busy families menu. The same pizza week after week can become dull and boring. As a resourceful mother, I am constantly looking for recipe variations. I found this recipe on the Pillsbury website. I attached the link below. I also included the recipe.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper (1/2 medium)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 oz) Green Giant® mushroom pieces and stems, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 can (12 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Jr. Golden Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced mozzarella cheese
Heat oven to 400°F. Grease large cookie sheet with shortening. In 10-inch skillet, cook ground beef, onion and bell pepper over medium heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and oregano. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered while preparing biscuit dough.
Separate dough into 10 biscuits. On cookie sheet, press or roll biscuits in 14×10-inch rectangle. Spread beef mixture lengthwise over half of dough. Place cheese slices over beef mixture. Carefully fold dough over cheese to form long rectangle; press edges with fork to seal.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into pieces to serve.