This is a simple recipe I like to use during the week. People usually think of spinach as a nasty pile of green stuff. However, it can actually be quite tasty. The recipe I use is a big hit with my family. Below are your shopping list and recipe:
2- 1lb bags fresh spinach
1- 8oz pkg sliced baby portabella mushrooms
1- medium onion(minced)
2 TBS balsamic vinegar
1-2 TBS butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
You will be doing all of your cooking on medium/high heat.
1) In a deep skillet begin to crisp the prosciutto, this with take about 8 minutes.
2) Add the minced onion, season to taste with salt and pepper. Sautee the onion until translucent.
3) Once the onions are where you want them, add the mushrooms. I let the mushrooms go until they are tender.
4) Add the butter and balsamic vinegar.
5) Place your spinach in the skillet. You will have to add the spinach in stages. As the spinach wilts you can add the next batch. This step will take about 7 minutes.